Aston Clinton Parish Council
Welcome to Aston Clinton Parish Council's new website.
Throughout this website, you will find useful information about the running of the Parish Council, details of our various committees and Councillors, events in the Park, along with our contact information. We update the website regularly to keep you informed of any changes to local services affecting our residents, along with news of upcoming events in Aston Clinton.
Contact the Clerk on: p[email protected]
Contact the Projects and Planning Clerk on: [email protected]
Telephone: 01296 631269
Councillors Contact Details: These can be found on The Council page on this website
VACANCY – ASSISTANT PARISH CLERK
Aston Clinton Parish Council is looking to recruit an assistant parish clerk. The post is part time, 25 hours a week, and based in the parish office in Aston Clinton Park. Salary is negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
THE ROLE, is to assist and support the Clerk, and will include the following:
- To attend meetings of committees and sub-committees of the Council to take the minutes of those meetings, and to type them and prepare in draft. It is expected that in time the assistant clerk will clerk some committees themselves after appropriate training.
- To assist in the preparation of the agendas and supporting documentation.
- To assist in the managing of events in the park and the village
- To assist in the management of projects in Aston Clinton Park and the village.
- To receive and deal with written (by letter) correspondence received by the Council
- To be responsible for the updating and maintaining of the website and social media
- To deal with public enquiries, received by email, phone or in person
- To be responsible for the filing of documents
- To assist with the reconciliation of bank statements and petty cash, and uploading of payments
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE: Prior experience of working as a clerk is not needed, but some experience of minute taking would be helpful. Computer literacy is essential, with a good knowledge of Word and Excel a requirement. Numeracy skills are important. A good telephone manner and an ability to get on with people is a further requirement.
APPLICATIONS DEADLINE: is 9th July 2019.
HOW TO APPLY: Written applications, in the first instance emailed to – [email protected] Please include a current CV.
Aston Clinton Parish Council is an equal opportunity employer.